I’ve not been posting for a couple of weeks. I’ve been traveling a lot. I presented to about 1000 people at the Midwest Genealogy Center’s Ancestry Day and I’m now at Roots Tech 2013.
Also, I’ve been ramping up a new blog for Ancestry.com called Ancestry Reference Desk (http://www.ancestry-reference-desk.com) My goal, is to create a teaching blog/site to help people who use Ancestry.com and Fold3 in libraries how to be more effective. But the posts and other links we put up will apply to anyone. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Here’s a few articles you may have missed lately:
- Sitting Down with the Madisons from Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast
- Letting the Newspapers Tell the Story from A Family Tapestry
- My Hopes, Dreams, Rainbows and Unicorns for RootsTech 2013 from The We Tree Genealogy Blog (I just met Amy Coffin, who write this blog, at Roots Tech! She is as great in person as she is on her blog.)
- Twenty Mules, Grandpa and Me from A Southern Sleuth
- Will the Real Annie Moore Please Stand Up? from The Irish in America
- Ancestry.com’s City Directories from Genealogical Musings
- Looking back… and forwards from The Legal Genealogist (I was fortunate enough to hear Judy talk not once, but twice this week. She lectures as well as she writes. Oh, and she is a CGL now. 🙂 )
- The Letter from The Legal Genealogist
- When the Courthouse Burns from Ancestoring’s Ask a Genealogist
- Archives.com Announces Weekly Livestream Videos from Archives.com
And From Ancestry Reference Desk
Anne, thanks so much for the mention! And, as our local genealogical society has been tasked by our library to provide training to their patrons in how to better utilize the library’s version of Ancestry.com, I’ll definitely be looking into your new blog!
Happy traveling! I’ve read a lot of the blogs you list, so I feel I’m in good company. I read about your presentation at the Midwest GC, and I admire your plans for a teaching blog/site. Probably I’ll be one of the people using it. Thanks.
Pingback: Journal Entry: April 6, 2013 | Reflections with Rhonda